There are two types of events:
- One time event that occurs only once
- Weekly scheduled event
In this article, we will show you how to create, edit, or delete a one-time event.
Log in to Parent
Use your username and password to log in to your Parent™ account.
Go to the Calendar Page
Click on the Calendar icon and you will be directed to the calendar page.
Create an Event
Click the Create event button to start creating the event.
You will be directed to the Events page and you must fill in the required fields:
- Event title: this is the name of your event.
- Recipients: choose who will be able to view the event. For example, is this an event for the whole institution or just one class?
- Select a date: choose the date of the event.
- From: the event start time.
- To: the event end time.
There are other fields that are not required but may be helpful:
- Description: description of the event. For example, you may want to describe what will happen during the event.
- Reservation needed: turn this on if you need recipients to respond to the event. when this is selected two new required fields appear: Event for and Reply deadline.
- Reminder a day before: turn this on if you want a reminder to be sent a day ahead of the event.
- Photo: upload or take a photo to share with recipients of the event.
Finally, click the Save button shown in the event popup and your event will show on the calendar.
From the calendar page you will find drop down menu at the left side,
click My Calendar to go to view your events.
Find the event you want to edit and click on it. You will be directed to the event's page.
Click the Edit button.
You will be directed to the event's page.
You can now edit the event information you want and click Save.
A warning will appear if changes are done to the date or time. Click Yes if you want to keep the changes. All event reservation responses will be reset.
From the calendar page click My Calendar tab to go to view your events.
Find the event you want to delete and click on it. You will be directed to the event's page.
Click the Delete button.
A warning message will appear, click Yes if you want to delete the event.