Log in to Parent
Use your username and password to log in to your Parent™ account.
Choose an Institution
Click on the name of the institution that you want to create, edit, view, or delete a role in. You can skip this step if you have one institute.
Go to the Roles Page
First, click on the options icon.
There are two ways to access the roles page.
Through the options page by doing the following:
- Click the Show button below the institution name.
Through the staff page by doing the following:
- Click the Show button below the Staff icon.
- On the Staff & access control page, click the Manage roles button.
You will be directed to the roles page of the institution. Select the role(s) you want to view from the roles drop-down menu.
Note: Roles that have "Organization role" next to them are for roles created for the whole company and not the institute. These roles can only be edited through the company role page. Check out this article to learn how to create, edit, and delete company roles.
Create New Role
Click on the Create Role button at the upper right corner of the page. The popup shown in the image below will appear.
Do the following steps to finish creating a new role:
- Type the new role name in the Role name field.
- Click the Save button.
A new column will appear with the name of the new role.
Note: The new role will appear with the company roles.
To start editing the role, follow these steps:
- Select a role you want to edit from the roles drop-down menu.
Edit a Role Name
- Click on the name of the role you want to edit. In this example, we are editing a role named Staff Member.
The name becomes editable and you can change it at this point.
Choose Role Functions
To give the role specific functions, follow these steps:
- Select the check mark next to the type of function you want to grant to the role. The check mark turns blue when the function is active.
- Click the blue check mark next to the role name.
To cancel all changes done to the role, click X icon right above the role name.
- Select a role you want to delete from the roles drop-down menu.
- Click on the name of the role you want to delete. In this example, we are going to delete a role named Staff Member.
- Click the options menu (three horizontal dots) next to the role name.
- Click the Delete option from the menu.
A popup will appear to confirm the action. Click Yes.
The role will disappear from the role page.
Disclaimer: make sure you want to delete the role because it can't be restored.
View Users Assigned to Role
To see the users assigned for each role, click the number next to the role name. This shows the number of users assigned to the role.
The example below shows there are 14 users assigned to the role named Staff Member.
Click on the number and a popup with all users assigned to the role will appear.