We, at Parent, designed a Roles feature to give you full control of the level of access users get in your company. Only a Company Admin, for example, the owner of an institution/nursery can create, edit, and assign new roles. The roles can be assigned across your whole company or for users involved in a specific institute. Let’s show you how!
Go to the Roles Page
Log in to your Parent™ account and click on the Show button next to “Roles” to get to the Roles page.
The Roles page is a table that is grouped by the type of access that can be granted to each role. For example, the Basic category lets the administrator grant access to basic child and employee information to specific roles. The rest of the columns are for the different roles created by the administrator and the access they have been granted.
Add a New Role
Click on the Create Role button at the upper right corner of the page. The popup shown in the image below will appear.
Do the following steps to finish creating a new role:
- Type the new role name in the Role name field.
- Click the Save button.
A new column will appear with the name of the new role.
The new role will not have any granted permissions. Please read the Edit Role section to learn how to grant permissions.
Note: You can grant the same type of access to a group of teachers, or accountants by giving them the same role. Read this article to learn how to assign roles to staff members.
To start editing the role, follow these steps:
- Select a role you want to edit from the roles drop-down menu.
Edit a Role Name
- Click on the name of the role you want to edit. In this example, we are editing a role named Staff Member.
The name becomes editable and you can change it at this point.
Choose Role Functions
To give the role specific functions, follow these steps:
- Select the check mark next to the type of function you want to grant to the role. The check mark turns blue when the function is active.
- Click the blue check mark next to the role name.
To cancel all changes done to the role, click X at the top right of the role name.
- Select a role you want to delete from the roles drop-down menu.
- Click on the name of the role you want to delete. In this example, we are going to delete a role named Staff Member.
- Click the options menu (three horizontal dots) next to the role name.
- Click the Delete option from the menu.
A popup will appear to confirm the action. Click Yes.
The role will disappear from the roles page.
View Users Assigned to Role
To see the users assigned for each role, click the number next to the role name. This shows the number of users assigned to the role.
The example below shows there are 6 users assigned to the role named Staff Member.
Click on the number and a popup with all users assigned to the role will appear.